How To Measure For Drapery Hardware
To measure for a drapery rod, follow the simple steps below.
• Precise measurements are key.
• Use a steel tape measure.
• Measure each window and doorway individually (windows and doors that appear to be the same size are often not).
Easy Steps to follow
1. DETERMINE SPACE NEEDED FOR DRAPERY ROD.
• Outside window frame to outside frame.
• Add 2"-8" for panels to rest on either side of window frame when open.
• Add the extra inches needed for decorative finials.
• The total from the 3 measurements above is the amount of horizontal space needed for your drapery rod.
2. DETERMINE ROD PLACEMENT
• If not using drapery rings: Measure from bottom of rod to floor.
• If using drapery rings: With drapery attached to the rings, measure from bottom of rod to top of drapery fabric; add this measurement to your drapery length to determine rod placement.